Modern Foreign Languages
The Modern Foreign Languages course aims to make sure that you are equipped with the skills that you need in order to deliver engaging and effective lessons in your specialist language(s). From encouraging students to communicate in the target language, to enthusing them about different cultures, the course will equip you with the practical skills that you need to become an outstanding teacher. Our programme allows trainees to specialise in either French or Spanish and will expect them to undertake some teaching in their second subject.
You will be able to:
- Complete a subject audit, allowing you to review and develop your own subject knowledge.
- Create exciting and innovative lessons that engage all students.
- Implement the statutory requirements for Modern Languages and understand the importance of language in the wider context of a school.
- Develop the necessary skills to assess and review the work the of students of a range of key stages and ability levels, and to be able to provide students with feedback
- Demonstrate an awareness of the statutory requirements for Modern Languages across all key stages.
You must apply to join this course on the DfE Apply website. You will need to use the Provider Code S66 and following code on your application.
If applying specifically for one of our Hub Schools please use the following codes:
Torquay Academy Hub please add the Location Code W
Lipson Co-operative Academy Hub please add the Location Code Y