South West Teacher Training works with partners in the South West of England to provide an Assessment Only route to achieving Qualified Teacher Status. Following a short programme, Assessment Only candidates can achieve the award of QTS, while working on the job, within a few months in most cases.
This route is an excellent option for experienced practitioners who meet a very specific set of criteria, including but not limited to:
- At least two years teaching experience as an unqualified teacher
- Experience of teaching in at least two different settings
- GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C/Level 4 or better
- An honours degree
- Relevant references stating that the candidate is working at the Teachers’ Standards
- Employment in a school in a teaching role in the South West of England.
Candidates can express an interest by emailing [email protected] with brief details of their eligibility.