The Modern Foreign Languages course aims to make sure that you are equipped with the skills that you need in order to deliver engaging and effective lessons in your specialist language(s). From encouraging students to communicate in the target language, to enthusing them about different cultures, the course will equip you with the practical skills that you need to become an outstanding teacher.
You will be able to:
- Complete a subject audit, allowing you to review and develop your own subject knowledge.
- Create exciting and innovative lessons that engage all students.
- Implement the statutory requirements for Modern Languages and understand the importance of language in the wider context of a school.
- Develop the necessary skills to assess and review the work the of students of a range of key stages and ability levels, and to be able to provide students with feedback.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the statutory requirements for Modern Languages across all key stages.
You must apply to join this course on the UCAS website. You will need to use the Provider Code S66 and the correct course code:
For more information on the application process please click here.
MEET THE TUTOR
MFL - Caroline McConachie
"Working with SWTT in order to help develop aspiring MFL teachers is a real privilege. I am passionate about the teaching of MFL at all ages, and I believe that one of the most important things that we can do for students at secondary school is to provide them with the ability to communicate in another language. My enthusiasm for my subject, and for the role of teacher, is due in no small part to the enthusiasm and passion that I saw in my own teachers when I was at school. It is this enthusiasm that I hope to be able to foster in those future MFL teachers with whom I work."