WHAT DOES OFSTED SAY ABOUT US?
OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS GRADE 2
SWTT was judged to be good in all areas by Ofsted in January 2014.
- High employment rates for trainees, which are testament to the strong development of their professional attributes and conduct.
- Trainees' good subject knowledge, which is evidenced strongly in their assignments and used to underpin their confident teaching.
- A good focus by trainees on promoting their students' literacy skills.
- The strong commitment of all partnership schools to the success of this well-regarded partnership, which is reflected in the high degree of collaboration used to refine and develop its programmes and procedures.
- A strong emphasis within the partnership on sustaining good-quality placements for trainees, which offer a range of experiences and enable them to get fully involved in all aspects of school life.
- Clear, precise targets for trainees' improvement set by mentors who take much responsibility for the progress of their trainees and ensure that they can gain access to support from a wide range of sources in and beyond school.
- Excellent systems of communication centred on the information portal, which allows centre-based and school-based trainers and trainees to keep in touch and maintain careful scrutiny of trainees' progress.
- Clear, strategic vision and planning for the future. The partnership is responding well to changing local and national structures, and needs in education, including the promotion of improvement in education in rural and coastal towns.
You can download the full 2014 Ofsted report via this link: www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/70072
Historical Ofsted reports can be found on the Ofsted website.