HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be made through UCAS Teacher, to start your application click here.
Applications for 2018-2019 opened on Tuesday 9th October 2018. Applications are dealt with on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. GETTING READY TO APPLY
Check you meet the minimum requirements:
- GCSE Maths and English: Grade C or above. Ensure you have your certificate(s).1
- Degree: Honours 2:2 or above: Ensure you have your certificate and transcript. For undergraduates your referees need to stipulate the class of degree you are working at/will gain.2
- Professional Skills Tests: Literacy and numeracy.3
- Although not a specific requirement but if you have the opportunity, at least 10 days school experience could prove valuable to you and your application.
1 If you do not hold a C grade or higher in GCSE Maths or English then you will need to enrol on a course to gain these qualifications, or take an equivalency test at equivalencytesting.com.
2 Where qualifications have been achieved abroad please contact UK NARIC and obtain a comparison statement to prove that your qualification is the equivalent of UK qualifications at naric.org.uk.
3 Please begin to practise these at sta.education.gov.uk.
2. APPLY ONLINE
Complete the UCAS online application form and arrange for your referees to complete their reference as soon as possible. UCAS will only process the application once the references are written and uploaded.
Use the below codes when you apply:
|Subject||Provider Lead (SWTT): S66||School Direct (Exeter Consortium): 1QX|
|Design and Technology||W9X1||2FFK|
In addition, new for 2018-2019:
Art & Design - Provider Lead (SWTT: S66) - 3BCZ
Religious Education - Provider Lead (SWTT: S66) - 3BD4
3. POST APPLICATION
Register and take the Professional Skills Tests in literacy and numeracy. Await invitations to interview.
DISABILITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
Download a copy of our disability and equal opportunities form here.
Getting in to teaching: getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/
Professional Skills test practise: sta.education.gov.uk/
National curriculum: gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum/
Ofsted: Information on SCITTS and HEI’s performance: gov.uk/government/collections/ofsted
Initial Teacher training: gov.uk/government/collections/inital-teacher-training
- Micro teaching episode or student panel
- Formal interview
- Presentation on an educational theme
- GCSE subject specific test